As an Architectural Influencer, I’ve stayed in several different styles of abodes, from lavish hotel suites to cozy tiny homes! However, I have to admit that yurts are by far my favorite! Ok so now you’re asking “what is a yurt anyway?!?”
Yurts are portable one-room structures once used primarily by tribes in Central Asia! Lattice walls support the yurt, with rafters fortified by a compression ring in the center of the roof.
I had the opportunity to relax and enjoy the accommodations at Yurtopia Wimberley! Yurtopia Wimberley hosts two types of yurts: the remote yurts and the river bluff yurts.
- Private sleeping and bathroom accommodations with shared amenities + river access
- King size bed
- Power (lighting throughout and reading lights near the bed)
- A/C (climate controlled)
- Gas Fire Pits
- A Miniature Refrigerator
- Shared amenities include kitchen + 2 BBQ grills, large fire pit, and sunset view 100 feet above the Blanco River waterfront
- Heated and jetted hot tubs with beautiful lighting (for soaking and relaxing well into the evening! My favorite way to end any day!!)
- Private yurt oasis designed for maximum privacy
- Private bathroom and hot tub
- Private gas fire pit, kitchen/BBQ grill, and sunset viewing from your own little rooftop deck
- King size bed, mini-fridge, power, and AC
Staying in a yurt at Yurtopia was an experience of a lifetime! During my stay, I truly had time to decompress, relax, and enjoy the beautiful scenic views!
Wanna know what was the cherry on top of all of this? There was a trail to the river with a CANOE! The river access is so soothing and allows you to go on an adventurous hike!
Riverbluff Yurts are a great for a mini retreat with a few friends or family members to take full advantage of the shared amenities! If you’re traveling alone, it’s also a great way to meet new people! I met some really great people and made connections while decompressing on this Yurt-cation!
This was the perfect getaway from the hustle and bustle of Houston! You should definitely find a yurt near you, and if you’re near Wimberley, book your stay at @yurtopiawimberley! It is definitely on my list of places to return!!